Encapsulation processes for liquid detergents in our laboratories
- Our microencapsulation processes are used for liquid detergents and softeners in particular. This is a rather difficult environment to control; cleaning products are aggressive to the microcapsules due to their surfactant content.
- We have put a lot of work into the polymerization of the microcapsule wall, which consists of several polymers and is therefore more easily adaptable to the end use.
- We have succeeded in eliminating formaldehyde. This is very difficult because it is a universal component that is present everywhere and therefore difficult to eliminate completely.
- Our production of microcapsules for use in liquid detergents is growing strongly.
- Our production capacity has increased several times thanks to the addition of several production units in 2019.
- Quality is always first priority, and our environmentally friendly, formaldehyde-free technologies are of growing interest to the detergent industry.
- Our research has also focused on solid detergents, for which we have developed microcapsules that contain 45% fragrance. Thanks to the small amount of water present, they can be sprayed directly onto solid detergent or in the spray-drying towers used in their production. This combined with their good deposition on the linen makes them very effective.
- The diameters of these microcapsules used in detergents or softeners have been adjusted so the fragrances are gradually released while wearing the clothes and not before in the washing machine. This is therefore very effective and optimises the release of fragrances.
- This release, which is often gradual, is caused by rubbing, friction and movement of the clothes after they have been washed.
- The fragrance, which is then encapsulated, will then cling to the washed linen and prolong its scent over time. Thanks to our numerous innovations in the area of microencapsulation of active ingredients that ensures increased protection of these ingredients, while improving their performance and reducing their environmental impact in the industrial sector in particular.
- Our encapsulation method therefore reduces the loss of fragrance in the washing water, which represents significant environmental progress.
- Our customers’ requirements in the area of fragrance encapsulation for liquid laundry detergents are driving us to improve our formulas, especially the scent that will be released.
- The product will be all the more attractive because a detergent will be perceived as more effective when the microcapsules it contains give off a pleasant smell.
- We adapt the formulas we use for encapsulation to each of our customers, in order to adapt the performance of the microparticles to the expectations of the targeted markets.
- We support them by providing advice and personalised follow-up to meet their precise specifications and expectations.
Microencapsulation techniques for softeners
- As for the research carried out on the microencapsulation of softeners, our laboratories are dedicated to exceptional, formaldehyde-free resistance over time.
- The production of these microcapsules, which are easily deposited on the linen, remains in the respect of the particles for optimal effectiveness.
- Beyond these properties, we aim for ever greater biodegradability in our microencapsulation processes.
- We are including more and more bio-sourced ingredients.
- The technologies we use designing microcapsules for detergent products are constantly being assessed to improve their resistance to ageing.
- It is important that these microcapsules can be stored for a long time, even if the ambient temperature is high during storage.
This is made possible thanks to our formulas composed of silicone and melamines.
- Lastly, our research has led to microcapsules whose deposition and adhesion to textiles have been considerably improved by the use of appropriate deposition agents and electrical charges.
- This has the advantage of reducing the quantity used, thereby ensuring savings and biodiversity gains in encapsulating fragrances in these environments.